1. Types of personal information that we collect and hold
The type of personal information Peter Stevens motorworld collects from or about you and holds depends on the circumstances in which the information is collected.
- We mainly collect information about your contact details (including your name, address, email address, phone, mobile numbers and social media handles).
- There may be circumstances where we may require other personal information from you, such as a copy of your driver's licence if you participate in a test drive or your financial information if you are seeking or obtain finance for the purchase of your vehicle. If you finance your vehicle through us or our affiliates we may collect information about the finance, such as the amount financed and the type of finance product.
- We may collect information about your vehicle, including its number plate and vehicle identification number (VIN).
- We may also collect answers you provide to questions we ask and other information relating to your dealings with us (such as details of vehicle/s purchased and service & repair history).
- If you register with myHyundai, Hyundai may collect information from you about your hobbies, favourite sports and other interests, if you choose to give us that information, which we may use to send you offers or invite you to events which we think could be of interest to you. Other personally identifiable information may also be collected, such as demographic information about your age, gender and occupation, if you choose to give us that information.
- If you use Hyundai Auto Link service, the Hyundai Auto Link app or the Hyundai Auto Link Smart Key Band, Hyundai may also collect information (some of which may be personal information about you), including:
- the number of trips and distances that you have driven;
- the location of your vehicle, including historical locations;
- vehicle diagnostic information, such as tyre pressure, amount of fuel in the tank and engine information;
- vehicle driving information, such as speed, braking and acceleration information; and
- mobile phone information such as number, model, operating system and personal location data where you have activated location services on your mobile device.
- If you request or receive roadside assistance services, we may collect information about where (eg, location) and when (eg, date, time) you requested roadside assistance services and the assistance service that is required.
- If you apply for a job at PSM, we may also collect information about your work history and qualifications, including from your referees, along with the results of any testing we might ask you to undertake, with your consent, to assist us in considering your application.
- In addition to the types of personal information identified above, PSM may collect personal information as otherwise permitted or required by law.
2. How PSM collects your personal information
PSM may collect personal information from or about you in a variety of ways. The most common ways we collect personal information are:
- we will collect or receive your personal information if you purchase a new or used vehicle, part or accessory and/or arrange finance for the purchase of your vehicle, or take a test drive;
- we will also collect or receive your personal information if you have your vehicle serviced or repaired at PSM.
- we will collect or receive your personal information from the third party provider of Finance if you arrange finance for vehicle with the third party provider of Finance;
- we may collect personal information directly from you if you make an enquiry about vehicles, parts, accessories or services, or if you request a test drive, brochure, specification sheet, information or other materials about our vehicles, parts, accessories or services;
- if you deal with us online, including via our website or through social media channels;
- if you use the Hyundai Auto Link service, the Hyundai Auto Link app or the Hyundai Auto Link Smart Key Band or;
- if you enter a trade promotion carried out by PSM (including on social media channels) or a trade promotion carried out by a third party with official affiliation with or support from PSM;
- if you participate in a PSM marketing, product development, profiling, survey or research campaign, including on social media channels;
- if you request roadside assistance services;
- if you apply for a job at PSM, from you directly and from your referees;
- if you perform work for PSM under a service arrangement, from your employer or labour agency;
- from publicly available sources;
- we may also collect your personal information from third parties, including our service providers, entities and clubs sponsored by or affiliated with us, or from our contractors and agents..
3. The purposes for which PSM collects, holds uses and discloses personal information
The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information will depend on the circumstances for which we collect it. In general, we may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which we collect it and related purposes which you would reasonably expect, for purposes which you consent, and as otherwise authorised or required by law. Specific purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information include:
- we collect your personal information so that we can do business together and for reasons related to our business operations, such as to ensure we deliver quality products and services to our customers and potential customers;
- to respond to your enquiries about our vehicles, parts, accessories, services or offers;
- to process sales orders and administer accounts, warranty records and vehicle service records;
- to provide you with necessary support;
- to attend to or assist in the servicing or repair of your vehicle, including the provision of roadside assistance services and online vehicle service & repair booking facilities;
- for product development, market research, and other marketing and promotional activities;
- to carry out our legal compliance obligations, such as to conduct a product safety recall where necessary;
- if you use the Hyundai Auto Link service, the Hyundai Auto Link app or the Hyundai Auto Link Smart Key Band, to provide you with notifications and information about your vehicle;
- to inform you of a field service action affecting your vehicle;
- to send you service reminders;
- to contact you directly or through our service providers and research agencies, to obtain your feedback and find out your level of satisfaction with our products and services;
- to contact you if you are a winner of a trade promotion that you enter;
- if you apply for a job at PSM, to consider your application. We may also use your personal information for related secondary purposes that you would reasonably expect, such as sending you mail or emails with details of new vehicles or services, special offers or promotions that may be of interest to you. You can contact us at any time if you do not wish to receive marketing material.
4. Consequences if you don’t provide your personal information?
If we are unable to collect personal information we require, we may not be able to do business with you or the organisation with which you are connected, or advise you of information in relation to vehicles, parts, accessories or services or offers. For example, if we did not collect personal information about your new vehicle purchase, we would be unable to remind you directly of a service that is due, or notify you of a field service action for the vehicle.
- our employees, officers, contractors, service providers and agents (such as mailing houses, marketing agencies, market research providers, printers, roadside assistance service providers, insurance providers, financiers, website and data hosting providers and other IT suppliers);
- our related and affiliated companies within PSM Group;
- our accountants, insurers, lawyers, auditors and other professional advisors;
- if you perform work for PSM under a service arrangement, to your employer or labour agency;
- if you apply for a job at PSM, to contracted service providers for purposes such as screening, skill or aptitude testing and human resource management activities;
- if you use the Hyundai Auto Link service, the Hyundai Auto Link app or the Hyundai Auto Link Smart Key Band, to technology service providers in connection with the operation of the Hyundai Auto Link service. We may also disclose this information to insurance providers in order for them to provide tailored insurance policies to you;
- if your vehicle is provided by your employer as part of a corporate or government fleet policy, we may also disclose certain information to your employer, including the location of your vehicle from time to time;
- any third parties to whom you direct or permit us to disclose your personal information;
- third parties that require the information for law enforcement or to prevent a serious threat to public safety; and as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Your provision to us or agents of your personal information will constitute your consent for us to disclose this information as described in this Section 5 and Section 6 below.
We will take reasonable commercial steps to ensure our service providers keep your personal information confidential, not to use or disclose it for any purpose other than the purpose of performing their work for us, and in a manner consistent with the Privacy Act.
If you post information to certain parts of our website or to our social media channels, you acknowledge that such information may be publicly available. We recommend that you use your discretion in deciding what information you upload to such websites.
6. Disclosure overseas
Some of the third parties to whom we disclose personal information may be located outside Australia. Other service providers may be located overseas. The countries in which these third parties are located will depend on the circumstances. Except where an exemption applies under the Privacy Act, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that such overseas recipients do not breach the APP’s in the Privacy Act in relation to such information.
7. Storage and security
Security of your personal information is important to us and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, to the extent permitted by law we exclude all liability (including in negligence) for the consequences of any unauthorised access to, disclosure of, misuse of or loss or corruption of your personal information. Personal information held by us is stored within secured premises by peter Stevens Motorworld and its related companies. The storage facilities have physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
8. Access & Correction
You may seek access to your personal information which we hold about you and we will provide you with access in accordance with the APP’s. We may require that you provide suitable identification for security purposes before allowing you to access your personal information. We may also charge an access fee to cover the reasonable cost of retrieving the information and supplying it to you. Access to your personal information may be refused in a number of circumstances, such as where access poses a health or safety risk, the information relates to anticipated legal proceedings or the request for access is frivolous or vexatious. If we deny or restrict your access, we will give you reasons why. We endeavour to maintain your personal information as accurately as reasonably possible. We rely on accuracy of personal information as provided to us both directly (from you) and indirectly. Therefore, it is very important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date. If you become aware that any personal information which we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete, misleading, irrelevant or not up to date, please contact us using our details below to correct or update your personal information.
9. Third party websites
Our website may contain links to websites owned or operated by third parties, including websites owned or operated by authorised third party service providers affiliated with PSM. We take no responsibility for the privacy practices or content of these other websites. These other websites may contain their own privacy policies and their owners or operators are responsible for informing you about their security and privacy practices. We recommend that you thoroughly read the privacy policies of these third party websites.
10. Links, cookies and use of the PSM websites
11. Contact details and complaints
If you have any concerns or questions about the way your personal information is managed and used by us, or are concerned that an APP or the Privacy laws have been breached, please feel free to contact us directly. PSM takes seriously its compliance with privacy obligations. We will ensure that your complaint is registered with us, and may request that you provide the complaint to us in writing. We will ensure that the complaint is referred to the right people within the organisation to investigate and respond to the complaint. Any response or action will be notified to you as soon as practicable.
Our contact details are as follows:
Peter Stevens Motorworld Ballarat Pty Ltd
615 Creswick Rd,
Phone: 03 5336 8777